ATN Exchange Details
Textbook File Exchange Library Available With Exchange Membership
Select AccessText Network publishers have authorized us to allow schools who have student-ready alternate media formats of textbooks to exchange those files with other member schools.
The Exchange is a repository of files on AccessText that have been remediated by our post-secondary members. The purpose of the Exchange is to reduce duplicate post-production work on publisher files.
The Exchange is an add-on to your AccessText account. This optional membership in the Exchange gives you access to download these Exchange files.
As a thank you to our members, AccessText is giving everyone a free membership to the Exchange until June 30, 2018! At the end of June, if you wish to keep your Exchange membership you would either make a donation of 25 post-production files or choose the annual subscription fee of $250/yr. If you do not wish to keep your Exchange membership past June, no action is required on your part. You will still remain an active member of ATN after this time and continue to request Publisher Files and Permission to Scan and Permission to Redistribute; you just wouldn't have the option to request an Exchange file.
Submission criteria for Exchange files
- Your office performed additional work on the publisher file or scanned document to make it more accessible for a student and/or to convert it to a different format. You will be given the opportunity to describe the work you performed when uploading the file to the Exchange. Your description will help others know whether your file will help their student.
How to Submit Files
Upload an individual file within the application
- Search by ISBN.
- Click on the ISBN13 to navigate to the title record.
- Click on "Submit an Exchange File
- Click on Choose File. Select it.
- Describe the file you are submitting by populating all of the below fields.
- Click Upload
Publishers That Allow Exchange Requests
We can accept files for books by publishers who have agreed to participate in the Exchange. Currently, those publishers are:
- BookLand Press
- Cengage Learning
- Charles C. Thomas
- Cicero Books
- ECS Publishing
- Elsevier / Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- F.A. Davis Company
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Kogan Page
- Labyrinth Learning
- Lynne Rienner Publishers
- Morton Publishing
- OpenStax, Rice University
- Pearson Education
- Pyrczak Publishing
- Quintessence Publishing
- Rodale Books
- SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Springer Publishing
- W.W. Norton
- Wolters Kluwer/Aspen Publishers-LEGAL EDUCATION
How to Request an Exchange File
- If the ISBN you are requesting has an Exchange file, then you will see a 4th box on the right hand pane that says Exchange and you will also notice the Exchange tab appears at the bottom of the request and Exchange File will be a choice in the Request Type drop-down.